Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The 2011 Chevy Camaro SS? Sure, I would love to have one.

I have always had a level of excitement when I think of what it would be like to own a true muscle car.  If you have been reading my blog you have seen that this just isn't the kind of car that I have had the pleasure to own.  I think it would be really cool though, something like an early 60's Camaro, or a Pontiac GTO.  I love to see an old Chevelle that has been lovingly restored.  Especially the convertibles, awesome.

When Chevy re-introduced the Camaro in 2010 I was in love, this is a really cool car.  The styling is amazing, the front end and grill has this aggressive look, and all that power under the hood, quite honestly, does something for me.  The convertible isn't out yet but the SS model is, and oh what a car it is.  The Camaro that I drove can be seen here if you want to check it out. 

A beautiful Victory Red with the black leather interior, yes, I agree, this would have been better with the 6 speed manual transmission but I have to tell you, the automatic is no slouch.  The engine produces 400hp with the automatic and 410 lb.-ft. of torque with a 0 to 60 time of 4.7 seconds!  You get a little more horsepower and torque with the manual (426/420) but I was still impressed.  The exhaust system I am sure is tuned for performance and it sounds pretty cool but I bet that it could produce a more throaty roar with a little bit of help.  It does include a tapshift feature so you have the shift control right on the steering wheel for shifting up and down, way cool.

Driving this car is so smooth, it handles exactly the way you think it should.  Hit the gas and it throws your back into the seat, corner hard and it feels completely in control, even really fun.  The SS comes with an FE3 Performance tuned suspension, what an amazing system, sharp and responsive handling no matter what you throw at it. I would love to take this car on a road trip for sure.

Back to reality, (and work.)  I am 6'5" tall (not the best fit), I have 5 kids (they won't fit), and a conservative wife that I love dearly (probably not going to pay anything over $8,000 for a sports car), I can dream though, right?  Hey, my birthday is coming up, maybe I'll get lucky! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment