Saturday, July 10, 2010

My 3rd car - 1981 Honda Prelude

So I came home from Portugal the end of October, 1993.  I had nothing to drive, no money, and since I hadn't seen my family or friends in 2 years I was pretty excited to spend some time with them.  My older brother was living in Utah at the time and came up to see me as well, he had mentioned to a girl that he worked with why he was coming to Idaho, she happened to be coming up to visit family at the same time so they swapped numbers.
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - OCTOBER 31:  A young boy p...Image by Getty Images via @daylife


I met my future wife on Halloween night, we went trick or treating with my younger brothers and sisters and had a great time.





I got a job, made a little bit of money and started searching.  I found this silver 81 Prelude, it was in pretty good shape, I picked it up for $800 and was back in business.  This car served me pretty well, I dated my future wife in this car.

1980's Honda PreludeImage by Baileyusa115 via Flickr




This body style but in silver.







Tracy was still living in Utah, her family was still living up here in Boise.  We long distance dated until Christmas when I asked her to move back to Boise so we could spend more time together.  One of the many trips down to Utah ended up being a little longer than planned, the clutch went on the last day before I was supposed to be back for work.  It was a Saturday, late in the day, so we couldn't find anyone to fix it til the next week.  On one hand, I knew I needed to be back to work but on the other hand I couldn't think of anyplace I would rather be stuck.  $600 for the repair and it was fixed by Tuesday.  It did allow us to spend more time with each other playing around Salt Lake which was really fun.

One last thing, when I sold it, I was able to sell it for $2,000 so even with the repair it turned out well.  And it made it possible for me to find another Volkswagen, this time, a 1959 Ragtop Bug.  This one has a few stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment