Sunday, July 18, 2010

#'s 6, 7 and 8 ~ Not extremely noteworthy, can't even remember what years they were.

I had a few years of blah when discussing my vehicle ownership.  We had a 92 Honda Civic, it was a green 4 door, nothing special.  We had a Mazda Millenia that we made the mistake of leasing...used...I still don't know why we did that.  I even drove an old 80's something blue Toyota wagon that I had picked up for something like $300.  It was cheap, it ran, I needed transportation and all I was doing was driving the thing back and forth to work anyway. 

See I have the ability to think of a vehicle strictly as transportation if that is all that it is.  Just a way to get from point "A" to point "B."  The bus wasn't that, the bug wasn't that, heck, even the Ford F100 wasn't that.  All of them had personality and I like personality. 

Back to the wagon, let me see if I can find a pic...


Like this one but in much worse shape with all of the paint in a nice oxidized, faded blue.  It spewed oil from day one and I knew it probably wouldn't last long, I was on my way home one day after work from downtown Boise to Middleton where our home was at the time.  I made it to the Nampa-Caldwell Blvd and started losing power, there was a strong smell of antifreeze in the cabin and by the time I reached Midland I started seeing smoke.  Not good.  It died really close to a junk yard and I pushed it the rest of the way, emptied it and left it.  :)

gt

No comments:

Post a Comment